Monday, December 26, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Nissan 300ZX Turbo 50th Anniversary








I apologize for the poor picture quality; this is from my archives. I want to say I shot this back in 2008 or perhaps even earlier, way before I even considered a blog. I have always loved cars, and it shows. Even when I had rather poor photo skills, I was still taking pictures of cars.
As I have often said, the Z-line is quite possibly my favorite continuous sports car lineup. I favor the 280ZX and pre-Z32 300ZX most, though. I'm not quite sure what's going on with this particular car, however. It's labeled as a 50th Anniversary, and has the badges, wheels, and hood scooplet. Heck, even the spoiler appears to be correct. What throw me off is the color; near as I can tell, the 50th Anniversary cars were silver with gray trim, not completely black. However, I don't mind the all-black. I actually think I quite prefer it.
Aside from the question about whether or not this may or may not be a 50th Anniversary car, it appears to have been extremely well-kept. There are no signs of rust, no evidence of bondo, and unlike a majority of cars this old, the wheels are immaculate. Despite not being a garage queen, the owner is very proud of his Z, and rightly so. I imagine I would be too if I ever owned one. Congratulations to a well-kept piece of Japanese sports car history.

No comments: