Thursday, December 8, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Sedan deVille













By now, you should figure out the theme here. I've always loved Cadillacs, and this week I'm sharing that love with my readers. I'm going back into Cadillac history as long as a I can, starting with Sedan deVilles. This particular example is a 1969 model, and second only to the 1964, it's my absolute favorite Cadillac bodystyle ever. This one, however, leaves me with mixed feelings.
While I do understand that cars rust here in Minnesota, I respect that this vehicle is daily driven-- or at least, it was. I haven't seen this car in quite a while, sadly. For all I know, it could be a cube by now. The condition of the paint renders this particular car a bit on the restorable side, though it honestly doesn't look like all that much of a basket case. While it does have a nice degree of patina, it does appear to be saveable. The rust, as far as I know, as not bodythrough. The original chrome and trim is all present, and in decent condition, including the hubcaps, which can be quite hard to track down if lost.
Besides the paint, everything else seems to be in good running order. I would almost always see this example on the move, so I'm quite lucky I got the chance to shoot it. I do know it lives near the gold one I previously posted, so there's a good chance a Cadillac fan lives nearby. Funny enough, there are at least ten of this gen running around still, in various states of condition. While it seems kind of cheesy to run out and snag them all at once, I hope to eventually snap all of them.
I have always loved classic Cadillacs, but I do understand they can become cliche to people, even me. That's the reason I have tried to go for the less common Cadillacs to post here. Maybe I should pare down my Cadillac postings altogether.

No comments: