Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Sedan deVille








Sadly, I realize that my pictures of this particular Cadillac are not very good. Bear with me; they're from my archives. When I first got my Nikon, I knew pretty much diddly squat about how to use it correctly, and thus, a lot of my first pictures with it are quite terrible in retrospect, this Cadillac included.
I do know that posting a crapton of one model does get old after awhile, but I'm just trying to show the history of a once-mainstay model line. Before the DTS, it was simply called the Deville lineup. Sounds much more prestige than three little letters, don't you think?
This particular example was pretty clean for the most part. No visible rust, or damage to be found, and no bling either. The original hubcaps are still being sported, but judging by the custom exhaust, this car is not quite stock anymore. I didn't ask for specifics, but the owner says it "will stomp a new Mustang from a 55 to 100 roll." With a huge 472 or 500 cube V8, I have no reason to doubt the owner's claim. It sounds fun, but I can't seem to wrap my head around a big barge like this rocketing past a supposed "muscle car". Then again, I had difficulty wrapping my head around the ubersedans of the early 1990s, too. I guess when you have gobs and gobs of engine, anything is possible.
Would I drive this particular car? Yes, and I bet it sounds beastly with that exhaust. Would I use it as a "race car" like its current owner does? Maybe. It'd be fun to smash all over some hotshot who thinks his '85 IROC-Z is the hottest thing going!

No comments: