Saturday, December 31, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Dodge Challenger R/T










As per my interest in cars, I do have a budding interest in being a photographer as a whole, and some of my posts try to reflect that. Ii'm not quite up on most modern cars; be it too ugly, too bland, or simply just too generic, a vast majority don't pique my interest. There are a scant few modernish cars that do hold my interest, and the newest iteration of Dodge's fabled Challenger is one of those cars. I don't really find the new Mustang a very attractive car across the board, and the Camaro just looks fat.
While I will agree that the base model Challenger looks quite lame with its small wheels, and bright colors and not enough grunt to back up its appearance, the upper-crust models are definitely the way to go. Being a quite fond of the original, I will say that the new car doesn't quite have the good looks that match the old one's heritage, but the styling is unmistakable. Big, brash, and quite brawny, the Challengers lets its prey (and pedestrians) know what's up. The headlights have a sinister look at night that certainly strikes fear in car enthusiasts, and the exhaust rumble clearly back up that mean scowl that headlights put on. I do realize some enthusiasts will be turned off by its sheer size, not to mention weight, but the original namesake wasn't exactly a light car either. So what are those enthusiasts complaining about? They should be glad that we have a car like this in the age of hybrids. I sure am.

No comments: