Sunday, June 17, 2012

Colin's Toybox: What's in store

Over the years, I have come to a realization that I need to pare down my collecting habits; I have far too many cars. I've "collected" since I was a baby, and although some of my cars have met an untimely death, quite a few have stayed with me. I has amassed a collection of damn near everything, from Matchbox Jaguar XJ6s, to Hot Wheels' latest Retro series, 'The Hot Ones'. I definitely have enough material to showcase a car, or all my variations of a car, and not do any repeats.
Here lies the question. Do I post more than one vehicle from my collection per day, or do I spread it out week-by-week, and not even show a tenth of my stuff.
I have Tomicas, Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightnings, Majorettes, and pretty much any other brand that makes a car or truck that I like. I have well over 3500 cars, and that's not including my 1:18 collection.
So it's up to you. How should I showcase my collection?

1 comment:

Jay Wollenweber said...

The beauty of it is that you have the option of handling it however you want. I'd keep it to maybe one or two cars a week, and not limit it to Hot Wheels but to feature the coolest, most unique cars you have, your favorites and maybe the rarest ones from your collection. As long as the photography quality is there, it doesn't really matter to me what you do.