Sunday, June 24, 2012

Colin's Toybox: Tomica Toyota iQ





By now, reader should know I'm a diecast junkie; I collect almost everything and anything. I have long had an interest in JDM cars, so it's natural I would develop an interest in JDM toys as well, right? Yep. You're correct.
I have long known about Tomicas, but unfortunately, I've been too scared to try using my debit card to buy internationally. Thankfully, this past spring, my aunt and uncle changed all that. They went to Japan, and brought me back several Tomicas, most of which are Kei cars.
The first one to be showcased is this little Toyota iQ. We do get this car in the states as a Scion iQ, but somehow the Toyota marque rolls of the tongue more fluidity. This model is white, and like the real thing, the taillights are silver-- a sharp contrast against the red norm. Like the real car, this Tomica version is quite small; I dare say it comes across as rather "cute." Just like my AutoArt MR-Spyders, this Toyota iQ certainly is one of my favorite "cute" diecasts. Would I get another? Absolutely! I don't like the real car, but as a toy, it's freaking adorable!
This is by far one of my coolest small-scale acquisitions, gift or otherwise!

No comments: