Monday, May 7, 2012

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Exotics at Cowboy Slim's

















Summer nights in Minneapolis erase all the bad that winter brings every year; all the nice toys come out, and they all gather in the parking lot of this bar/hotspot. This little selection is just a fraction of what I'm bound to see over summer. I've shot the '65 Impala SS here, I've previously shot the only Mercedes SLR in the Twin Cities there, and I've shot countless boring Ferrari 360s and F430s there as well.
So what prompted me to shoot this rather eclectic gathering of vehicles (including the riced Viper)? Simple. This was probably the first time I attempted any sort of night shoot, and I have to say it worked. I am also worried that my night shoots don't also come out looking the greatest, but I think I excelled here.
Obviously, most of these choices would hardly be considered special (okay, maybe that's a stretch), but I am ironically most proud of my Viper shots. I have always loved the first-generation RT/10 roadster. From age five, it's been a permanent fixture in my head as the iconic American supercar, despite its truck engine roots, and terrible reputation for being a rolling furnace. I still want one.
The next favorite is the Murcielago. Again, I know these are quite cliche by now, especially in orange, but I quite like it. Would I have it in another color? Probably. I know I am contradicting myself, because I previously lambasted the Murcielago at once on here, but in the right colors, they look stunning. I'd want mine in Verde Ithaca, please, with a black and green alcantara interior.
I'd say more, but I am more enthralled with the picture quality here than the cars themselves. I only hope I can repeat this excellence this coming summer. I have a better knowledge of how my camera works, and I have a better eye for what makes a good pictures. It's now all up to the owners of such machines to bring them out.

No comments: