Sunday, May 27, 2012

Diecast of the Day: Biante Ford Falcon XR8 and FPV GT












And I bring you another slice of my large-scale car collection--this time something not sold on American soils. In Australia, the Falcon name was kept alive--and still is. These models represent the BA series of cars, produced from 2003 to 2005. The red one is an XR6--it's got a big turbo straight six, producing 320 HP and the blue one is an FPV GT with a Boss 330, a 5.4L V8 churns out 390 horses. Due to the Australian government having power tax, both of these cars were widly underrated, and some speculate that the 4.0L Turbo six made closer to 360 horses, and the V8 made in excess of 450. Not bad for "four door saloons", no?
Quality of these two is on par with early-2000s AutoArt products; extensive detail, but somewhat fragile. Initially I was worried about getting near thirteen-year-old diecasts, but amazing they've held up well. I love oddball and unique cars, and these two Aussie Fords definitely fit the bill. I only have one side of the equation though. I don't have many Holdens. Think I should take those on?

No comments: