Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Nash Metropolitan
















Every so often, I'll post sets of photos that I enjoy. This little Metropolitan I've shot before, and I think I've featured it as well. I have a thing for little convertibles, especially of yesteryear; the Metropolitan is one of those car that you can't help but love. For me, it symbolizes a time when minimalism and the idea of "fashionable" and "in-cars" were just starting to appear. If it wasn't for this little guy here, the idea of an incredibly small car never would've been cool, and for that, I respect it.
I've seen this at Lake Harriet before, but I figured why wait, and I did a full photoshoot; this is probably one of the more fun subjects I've shot. Even though the car itself is pint-sized, the detail here is stunning, in a way no other non-exotic car is. I adore these things, and I will shoot every one I see.

No comments: