Monday, March 26, 2012

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Ford Club Wagon








I don't quite know what it is about vans, but they're not quite everywhere anymore. Even the slight trend in custom vans brought out little, especially in the state. For certain, though, the Fords are a tad more common than their GM or Dodge counterparts. Maybe that has something to do with their popularity and the fact that for years they were some of the most common Ford vehicles on the road?
Now, though, even the once-popular Econoline-based vans are almost all extinct. This is only the third or fourth of this generation that I've seen, and unlike the first one I blogged back in 2008, this example is--at best-- a little worse for wear. The paint job is.. well, it looks like a cheapass respray to be honest. The colors don't quite match either, and the pure idea of painting over the classy-looking hubcaps saddens me. A classic like this is supposed to be left alone.
I'm not entirely sure what all remains of this van's originality, but I'm betting the white, and perhaps what's left of the grille lettering is all the remains untouched. Quite sad, when you think about it; at least this van isn't in the junkyard yet. Or maybe it is-- I haven't seen since I took these shots a few years ago.

No comments: