Friday, August 26, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Jensen Healey roadster







I'm not quite sure how I feel about this spotting; granted it's not an everyday car by any means but still. I shot a much nicer one earlier this summer, but that one was outside Quality Coaches. This was isn't. I spotted this one in Seward when a friend and I went to go get dinner. I literally made him stop his car so I could hop out and shoot it. At first, I was excited as all get out, but upon closer inspection, I'm not sure I should've been.
By no means is this British roadster pristine. It's something I would expect to find on Craigslist for a thousand dollars or perhaps less.
The paint is shot at best, the trim is pretty much gone save for the badges, and the American bumpers on this example are at kindest, horrendous. I didn't dare peek inside, for I feared the same held true. I was almost saddened by the condition of this poor car.
What this car needs is a new paintjob, a fresh interior, a rollcage and/or harness, an engine swap and some new rolling stock. How 'bout cobalt blue, tan leather interior, a simple rollcage, 16x8 Rota Slipstreams, and possibly a blown four or small six cylinder. I know if this was mine, I'd take it autocrossing or at least make into something worthy of a "roadster" moniker.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

Wow ! How bad can it get with Federal Spec bumpers I thought the FIAT 124 Spyder & MGB were bad with Fed spec bumpers until I saw this.