Monday, August 22, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Fiat 2000 Spider











Recently, I've taken on a love of small, foreign roadsters primarily of the British variety, but I'm not knocking Italian cars. In fact, I have a growing love for this little Fiats. Usually, when one brings the Italian brand to mind, a clapped out three door Uno comes to mind. Wait. Maybe that's just me. Regardless, this 2000 Spider is definitely not your average Fiat. Okay, maybe it is, but I still love it so.
This little roadster is gorgeous, especially for what it is. I know it isn't as nice looking as, say, and 850 Abarth or even a much more expensive Dino, but when it comes down to it, it's a pretty good looking car in its own way, if not a bit cliche. While this is a later example, probably an '80 or so, it hasn't lost the character the earlier cars had. In fact, I think these later models look modern without taking away from the classic appeal of the first generation car.
Since I did give this little guy a clean lookover, I can attest to the condition of the interior. Pretty neat and tidy, but it is a summer driver; at least its kept in great shape. It'd be sad to see a car with this gleamy of a paintjob have a crappy interior. Whoever owns this little Italian sure does an awesome job of keeping it up. Great car, careful owner, what more could you want?

No comments: