Sunday, August 28, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac El Dorado Biarritz








As a general rule, I only shoot Cadillacs if they're interesting or flawless; I see way too many, even classics, to blogshoot every single one. On principle, I try to avoid most post-1980 models since they're usually either bland or rust-laden. If there's one model I can't get enough of, it's the 1979 to 1985 El Dorado. While FWD like its Buick Riviera twin, I simply can't get enough of these. They're classy without being over garish, and they don't necessarily scream "1980s kitsch" as do most other cars from this era, luxury or otherwise.
This was a gorgeous example of a not-quite-gorgeous model year; finished in candy cherry read, the paint looked impeccable, and judging by the original dealer plaque on the trunklid, I'm gonna take a wild stab and infer that not only is this paint color stock, it's original to boot. It's not often I see vehicles with the dealer plaque still intact! Well done!
As I examined the car closer, I began to appreciate this example more and more. Right down to the wire hubcaps, nothing has been altered from stock form. As far as I can tell, this is what I would venture to call a "time capsule". I wouldn't be surprised if the interior was untouched either.
I wouldn't change a thing on this Eldo if it was mine. The only thing I'd be sure of is that I would try to protect this stunning Cadillac (for what it is) to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

Ah ! the look that Volvo stole for their 700 series saloon / sedan :-)