Saturday, August 20, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Morris Minor 1000 convertible











Okay, okay I know; another Quality Coaches spotting. But, honestly, how could I resist? I almost never see Morris Minors, much less convertibles. Sadly, my first example of a street parked Morris Minor is a rather tatty one. The paint is rather lacking in shininess, the windows are all scratched to hell, the chrome is pitted, and the convertible top is in piss-poor shape-- but that doesn't matter. This is my first Minor sighting and I'm proud of it.
I usually head off in the general vicinity of Quality Coaches with a general expectation of what to find. This time, however, I did get lucky-- I "scored" if you will. Out of all the random MGs and Triumphs scattered around the streets outside the shop, this little guy attracted my attention the most. I kinda scratched my head for a minute, because although I knew what it was, I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me. Even though it clearly has seen better days, I made the decision to shoot anyway. and I'm glad I did. The chances of me seeing another Minor convertible daily driven in this state (wordplay there) are pretty slim.
The high points on this particular example are only one. It's all complete, and it looks as if it's going to get a complete resto over winter-- at least I hope so. I wouldn't want this thing to succumb even worse to the rust bug that plagues British cars.

No comments: