Saturday, August 27, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Impala convertible










I usually don't blogshoot classic Chevys for one main reason; they're more often than not donks. I can't stand most cookie cutter donks so I don't bother. Every once in a while, though, a clean pre-1980 Chevy shows up on my radar. This sweet Impala is no different.
Bathed in a deep cherry red, this example is stunning. The paint, while dirty, is for the most part, flawless. Granted, it's not in immaculate shape, but since it has NY plates, I can guarantee this clean convertible certainly is the opposite of trailer queen. While not pampered, it's definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen and heard (even with the "small" 327.) The only things that really bugged me about this example (other than the time of day it was spotted) was the general condition of the interior.
You do not modernize a classic interior and do it half-assed. I understand the need for modern sound equipment. Fine. But, don't hack the door panels and rear kick panels to hell, and don't put a modern head unit in an otherwise stock interior. It looks classless and dumb. Lastly, the godawful steering wheel HAS to go. It just simply does not work. It looks like garbage.

No comments: