Sunday, August 21, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Sedan deVille











This Caddy surprised me; not because of it's location, exactly, but because of it's apparent ownership. Not many classic Cadillacs here are owned by people who are actually into cars for the sake of being into cars. With a vanity plate suggesting the year and the make rather than the wheel size and something else, it's clear that this example is in good hands.
Usually, when I spot older cars, the paint is either shot, and looking extremely tired, or the vehicle has been slathered with some obnoxious candy/metallic color. Neither of the above holds true for this example of a fine luxurious beast. Finished in metallic brown (yes, metallic brown) with a black vinyl roof, this barge oozes early 1970s class. The mere fact that this example hasn't been visibly altered save the firefighter decal only enhances its credibility with car enthusiasts. I know a huge Cadillac isn't exactly a performance car, but it doesn't try to be.
I didn't get to peek inside because I didn't feel comfortable doing so in this nieghborhood, but I would venture to say its in the same condition as the outside; definitely not show car-quality but not quite a beater either. I would say this one qualifies as a "solid, nice-day driver." And drive this I would-- and I wouldn't change a single thing on it either.

No comments: