Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Sedan deVille














Another summer, another clean classic Caddy, right? Yep. Like most Cadillacs, this one is in pretty tip top shape, and like most Cadillacs, the owner was a gangsta wannabe who tried to act hard. Besides that, this thing was in relatively impeccable shape for a Minnesota car. The paint was not quite show quality, but it did have a decent luster to it. Ditto no ton trim; not only was it all there, it was all in pretty good nick, too. I saw no evidence of shaved trim, or bondo slathered on the vehicle. That alone should be a pretty good sign that this classic Caddy has been babied-- up until now. As the proud gangsta took up, I heard subs a bumpin and multiple car horns as he swerved across three lanes of Lake Street without once looking behind him. And yes, he cussed out the people who he cut off. I guess that's "hood mentality" for ya.
While it's not quite winter yet, so salt isn't a worry now, I do quite fear for this clean Sedan deVille; the owner claimed to be "reppin that shit" and wanted to know "what da fuck" I was doing "snappin shit" of his "ol' skoo' whip". Look, dogg, I'm a car enthusiast. What is it with wannabe ballers trying to act like white people don't have a right to look at their cars? Is their ego that inflated that they have to be mean to every single white person they encounter? I don't think I've ever met one nice "gangsta". Always, they want to know "what da honkey" (yes, I'm serious) is doing scoping out their "whip". Here's a tip, homies, if you don't want attention, don't drive brightly colored cars erratically and post videos on youtube of your antics.

*all quotations are was words towards me when he saw me shooting his nice Cadillac. And yes, I was acting normally and he still acted rudely. Whatever happened to being nice to others? People who are into the classic car hobby now are ruining it for genuine car enthusiasts.

No comments: