Monday, September 12, 2011

Minnesota Street Sighting: Desoto Adventurer










Every year, my family goes way up north to Bad Medicine Lake, near the boundary waters. On that epic drive, we pass through many quaint, small, roadside towns littering Highway 71. A couple years a go, I shot two abandoned Chevys; this year netted this remarkably nice Desoto Adventurer.
Usually, on the drive up, I'd see hoards and hoards of Chevys, Fords, and quite a few other American makes. Never can I remember seeing a Desoto, so that in itself made this Adventurer worth stopping for.
Swathed in probably-original black paint and not-so-original baby moon hubcaps, this example was quite possibly one of the nicest examples I'd seen. All the chrome trim was in its factory condition, largely due to this little town probably not getting much salt in the winter. Even so, the black paint fit this car like no other. I honestly don't think I could imagine this thing in another color. The moons, with the teeny amount of chrome, make this a sure standout.
To be honest, this shoot was kind of rushed, since we were on our way home, but I think my favorite picture out of this little shoot is the taillight/fin. I wish I could've done better, but hey, I did what I could. I'm happy with how this shoot came out, especially considering the quickness/hastiness of the shoot itself.

No comments: