Sunday, September 4, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Alfa Romeo GTV6 Coupe











To be honest, this is the sort of stuff I pine for. While I do like classic "Big Three" as much as any other car enthusiast, I have been getting into "furrin cars" as of late. There's just some magic with a classic Alfa or Peugeot that a big, brash Ford LTD simply cannot match. Presence, yes, but overall vibe.. a domestic car simply cannot come close. I showed off that gorgeous 2002 not too long ago, and here we have another member from the "Red and Proud" camp. You may remember that Fiat 850 Spider I featured earlier; yep, this little Alfa is at the same house. Amazing, no? I thought so, too.
While not quite in true factory form because of the wheels, this GTV6 is likely the only one I have a rat's chance in hell of seeing outside Wheels of Italy. Like most of the examples I saw at this year's show, the GTV6 parked here seemed to be in pretty good shape. The paint quality was about what you'd expect for a well-taken-care-off Italian car. Decent, but showed some daily driver flaws. Orange peel was present on the hood and hatch, but all the original trim was present; I would safely call this car a "Sunday driver". It looks great, even up close, but it definitely is no Concours winner-- and that's just the way the owner likes it. I've seen this beautiful little car driving around, so I know it isn't parked out front to look pretty.
Would I sport this? Probably, but there are a number of vehicles (Alfa and otherwise) that I'd pine for before a GTV6. I don't have anything against these, really, it's just that I tend to favor the Guilias and 1750GTs a tad more, but I sure wouldn't turn one of these guys down.

No comments: