Friday, September 2, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: BMW 2002 tii












I live in a terrible state for car spotting to be honest; most of the cars I see around are GM in variety, and very rarely do I catch a non British foreign car. When I do, it's more than likely a clapped out rustheap destined for U-Pull-It. BMWs tickle my fancy, and it's not just because I spot them once in a blue moon; I've been a secret admirer of classic German cars for awhile now. Shame I don't see more of them where I live.
I knew the double-oh-two was hot when I caught a glimpse. I seriously thought this might've been a mirage (no Mitsubishi present); upon first impressions, this little guy was amazing! The red paint, though cliche, look simply stunning here. To show truly how shiny this clean Bimmer is, I included a shot of just the reflection off the door. I honestly don't/can't do that with very many of my subjects. Upon close inspection, this thing really is mint! The paint glistens, the chrome is spectacular, the trim and badges are completely spotless, and I freaking love those wheels. That's what should've been on there from the factory. Just like classic muscle cars deserve Torq Thrusts, classic Bimmers deserve Minilites. Not only do they look outstanding, they're a far better choice than those damn BBS wheels everyone else throws on German cars.
I honestly think this 2002 is just about as perfect as it gets. It's not a trailer queen, it isn't a project, it isn't hacked up into something it's not supposed to be, it's not rusty, it's just.. a clean, perfect, stunning example of a fairly rare classic German automobile. And a damn fine one at that. And yes, I would gladly dib this one and keep it safe in a garage, and drive it only when the weather allows.

No comments: