Sunday, September 11, 2011

Minneapolis Street SIghting: Nissan Pulsar NX









This little Pulsar took me by complete surprise. For starters, I don't think I've seen one in any condition recently, until now. As with most Japanese cars of this era, this example was not quite flawless. It had its nicks and dings, but other than a tiny bit of rust, it was for the most part, pristine. I guess even babied (not-quite) classics can rust sometimes.
On the outside, this little Nissan was left in stock form. The paint was nice, anf most definitely original since this example still had the dealer plaque on the trunk area. Everything seemed untouched, and more or less left alone, right down to the godawful oh-so-1980s hubcaps. To be honest, that's the only part of this Pulsar I can say I officially hate. They're so.. ugly. They resemble what would happen if 1980s Matchbox were in charge of building full-size mockups of diecast cars. I didn't get a very good look inside (probably because I was too nervous to peer inside), but if the exterior is any indication, the inside looks good as well.
Overall, this cute Japanese coupe was a pretty nice example of a vehicle that I'm sure is all but forgotten by everyone but enthusiasts. I don't fawn over this car, but it's nice to see one that's still alive 25 years after it was built, bought, and sold.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

I'm not sure we got the Pulsar over here we had something similar in hatchback form only called the Sunny. As you say to be celebrated on it's condition alone :-)