Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy C-10 pickup











I usually don't shoot trucks, for a couple main reasons; they're usually either tattered, but with no patina, or they're generic 88-98 examples of the big three. This truck is falls into neither category. While I wouldn't exactly call this prime example of mid 1960s Chevy a "show-piece", it's definitely a very nice example.
The paintwork is top notch, if not extremely well restored. Even the stampings in the rear bumper identifying the dealer are present. While I am a huge sucker for teal on cars, it's rather seldom seen on pickups. I quite like this. I have seen a few '68-'72s in this color combination, but I think this C-10 pulls off the combo better than those later trucks.
The wheel and tire package looks just right here. Most times, I prefer a set of modern wheels and tires on classic vehicles, (don't ask why, I just do) but I do appreciate a good quality preservation or restoration. Here, the stock wheels only enhance the truck's character, so I'm glad the owner chose to leave these in place.
The interior looks to be pretty standard. Since it had a club in it, I was a bit offput when it comes to peeking inside. I did see that the interior had been either supremely restored, or it has been babied since it was new. Judging from the rest of the pickup, I would say the latter is possible.
As far as making this example "mine", I'd leave it as is. Not many of this generation around remain stock. I do like lightly modded "restomods", but seeing a stock example is quite a nice change from the norm. I dig this!

No comments: