Friday, September 9, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Ford Model A Roadster Pickup















Yesterday I featured a beautiful, if not semi-worn stock Model A; today, I bring you its hot-rod cousin. This stunning pickup is owned by the same owner as the stock 1930 I previously featured. While I usually don't fall head over heels for hot-rods, this particular trucklet was extremely well-done, and... wait for it.. tasteful-- something most hot-rods I see aren't. Obviously this Model A garnered my attention because, honestly, how many hot-rods do you see on a daily basis this side of a car show? Exactly. And parked in Uptown with the rest of the yuppie-mobiles? Double win right there!
This example was clean; sporting a simple yet effective matte tan finish, this looked as if it could've come straight out of 1955. And judging by the 1940ish Ford chrome hubcap rings, it very well could've. No overdone anything here. Just a clean, simple throwback to what hot-rodding was like in yesteryear. No bling, no candy paint, no $25k engine, and no alcantara that's too nice to even sit in. This is a no-frills, to the point hot-rod. And for that I love it.
It's the kind of car you'd expect that badass in highschool circa 1955 to 1960 to drive. You know, the kid with the leather jacket, and slick backed hair? The one who drove a clean new pickup lowered on reverse chrome steelies? Yeah. This is his other car. All stereotypes aside, though, I dig this thing. I don't know what it is, either. There's just something about a clean, minimalist hot-rod that makes me go "oooooooooh". That reaction alone proves I am not a traditional car person, I am a total car geek.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

Understated is cool :-)