Thursday, March 10, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Mini

I'm going to be honest; I am not up to snuff on all the various forms and trims of the cult-followed "Mini". Whether this example is an Austin Cooper, or a much later "Austin Mini" doesn't really matter. This example is gorgeous regardless. The classic red on white color scheme is disctinctly British, though the stripes would look better if they were applied besides the roof alone. The wide Minilite wheels are a simple, yet amazing touch; not only do they bring a motorsports-esque flair to an otherwise "mudane" Mini, they do so without being cookie-cutter. Sometimes I shoot cars with the sole purpose of a long write-up, other times I shoot for the enjoyment of shooting; this Mini definitely goes into the latter category. I had an amazing time shooting this little guy. I tried new areas with my camera, and aimed for a more sophisticated shoot rather than just "shoot general 'blog-type' photos of this classic and be done". I wanted to really be arty with this Mini. I hope you like.















1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

If that paintwork is original this is a 80's Austin Mini going on the rear light cluster and distinct rear badge :-)