Friday, March 4, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Cadillac Calais







I think by now, readers know I love old Cadillacs more than any other domestic make-- for good reason. They're classy, elegant, and that have a particular attitude about them. Generally, when someone says Cadillac, they're probably picturing a salmon pink '59 Eldorado convertible; when I say it, however.. I adore the early '60s to early '70s models. From about 1964 till about 1972, they had every single car right and this relatively clean Calais is no exception.
Now, I know the teal color likely isn't stock, and I know the subwoofers bumping in it were not either. I do like the color, and I'm a fan of the stock hubcaps, too. I do not care for the thumping and bumping I heard coming from "da trunk a' da whip". Cars like this sadden me; they're in the heads of idiots who likely know nothing about the car-- they only bought it because they heard the name of a one-shit-wonder rap song. Pretty soon, the classic car scene will be limited to big money Barrett Jackson (coincidence that the initials are BJ?) guys who only buy the cars for "sentimental reasons, or gangsta types who buy it because an Escalade "aint koo no mo' ya feel me bruh?" I just wish the gangsta whip fad would die. Can someone be arrested for bad tizzaste?

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

That Caddy looks ready to eat up the highways and by ways :-)