Sunday, March 6, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Fiat 850 Abarth












I'm sure you're sick of seeing cars outside Quality Coaches, no? I sort of consider it cheating to be honest, since I know the place always has bloggables outside. But fret not, this clean little Italianate roadster has been seen cruising the streets, top down, keeping up with traffic, and all that daily drive nonsense. It's a good daily, though. While I do like the typical "standard" Fiat Spiders, coach-built bodies are more my thing, as they fill me with new found curiosity. While the this car itself was designed and built by Bertone, the owner has outfitted this example with a host of Abarth goodies, not limited to wheels, interior pieces and a exterior badges.
The fit and finish on this car is pretty good-- for an Italian roadster. No, it isn't perfect, and it doesn't try to be such. Sure, the paint is a tad uneven in spots, and it does have interior wear, but what do you expect from a daily driver (in the summer, anyway). I'm not sure how many miles this clean Abarth has on it, but it definitely sees more road time than garage time.
I cannot wait for summer to come around again; here's hoping this car is still on the road, and not in a state of disrepair like a few of the owner's other cars. Guess I have to head over to 37th and Lyndale to find out.

1 comment:

Art Tidesco said...

Fab pics these Bertone 850 Abarths have a vaguely nautical air to them :-)