Sunday, March 27, 2011

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Dodge Diplomat












This sighting was a bit unusual; first off, I hardly even see any of the 1980s RWD Chryslers anymore, and when I do, they're usually almost run into the ground. This one was different; the paint is impeccably shiny, the "poverty caps" are not only intact, but in great shape. Heck, even the factory trim is completely perfect. It could easily be plucked straight out of a 1980s TV episode of Rescue 911 or Unsolved Mysteries. Since it was night time, I didn't peer inside for obvious reasons, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the same condition as the exterior.
The only gripe I have with this car is the political theme that the owner has. Usually, I tend to not make assumptions about the owner unless I have beef with them, but the owner of this classic Dodge tried to say I was invading his privacy, and proceeded to bombard me with typical "Are you gay?" and "Do you have a problem with Repubclians" crap, and then tried to claim that his car was far superior to "dem dere Jappo thingies and way better than dem Queer-eye-ans". Sorry, bucko, but I am almost certain that any modern "Jappo" car will outlast your "Merican made real car" as you called it. Oh well, at least he keeps his car nice. Too bad he was an asshole who likely doesn't understand the concept of globalization.

No comments: