Thursday, July 12, 2012

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Buick Le Sabre

Cars of the 1960s are a growing fascination of mine. I'll be honest, though; aside from Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and other common cars, I know very little about 1960s-era vehicles. I'm slowly learning, though, because each time I find a new example a car from this era, it intrigues me.
The Buick LeSabre is a vehicle I am familiar with, not because I necessarily know a whole lot about the car itself, but it seems to be the most common Buick nameplate in Minnesota besides the new cars; every day, I encounter various post-1985 models in all sorts of condition, decaying pristine. Never ever have I seen one that was a pre-1970s model parked on the street--until now.














From what I can gather, this is a 1965 car judging by the front grillework and the rear fascia; from the front and rear ends, it looks amazing; the interior, too, looks to be in incredible shape. The fascias are mar-free, and the chrome is excellent. Inside, this classy Buick stays true to its heritage; minimal trim, and material abound adorn this proud classic. If I only saw the bottom picture, I'd assume it was taken almost forty years ago; not two weeks ago.
Unfortunately, all cars have flaws--that what gives them character, and this Le Sabre is no different. Gladly, though, this example has minimal rust, and its in the usual places. It almost seem like with a new pair of front fenders, this Buick would be ready to take its owner to church again without hassle.
I hardly ever see vehicles this old in my state, and when I do, they're often donked. Thankfully, this Buick has lived over forty-five years of unmodified history, but with a for sale sign placed in the windows, that might change. I sure hope it doesn't; I quite liked this finding, and its surely not an easy one.

No comments: