Sunday, July 1, 2012

Colin's Toybox: Tomica Nissan Juke




I love Japanese stuff--I'll clear that up right now; I also love quirky cars, and this little Juke fit the bill. This Tomica is another gift from my aunt and uncle. Vacationing in Japan this past spring, they asked what gifts I would like from their trip. The first thought that entered my mind is.. Tomica. Anything Tomica-- and since I knew a Juke was available, this idea was a no-brainer.
Finished in a deep red metallic, this is a real color, with accurate detailing and accurate ride height--something that Hot Wheels of today lacks. Gone are the big rimz that ruin so many of this generation's model cars, and in place are proper rolling stock. Although they're quite small by today's standards, the wheels Tomica uses fits their cars and trucks fine.
As for the real car--I'll be honest, it's one of my guilty pleasures. I know it's a love-or-hate thing, and most people I know hate it. I love it now, and I've loved it since the concept was shown. I only wish more people would side with me, because this is a wonderful little car that deserves to be represented. Shame that only its home market would give it a proper replica, because this is quite a nice one. I've always been a fan of realistic cars, and with Matchbox slapping silly tampos on their cars, and Hot Wheels' absurd wheel proportions, it seems Tomica is the way to go--and because I love Japanese cars, I'm extremely content with that.

No comments: