Friday, October 1, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Corvette Convertible







To be perfectly fair and honest, I don't shoot a vast majority of Corvettes I see, modified or otherwise. They're all just cookie cutter variations of popular "themes" with Corvettes, nothing special. Normally, I am not a fan of C4 wheels, and I generally don't like the C3 convertibles all that much.But, this one seems to work. Even the mishmash of C3 body parts seem to go well together. The early C3 hood seems to work on the later car, as do the side skirts and slightly rolled fenders. It looks a bit modern, while still holding that 1980s vibe.
Outside, the paint was about as perfect as one could get on a non-show car. Amazingly enough, this example is probably the only street parked "classic" Vette I've seen with a paintjob this immaculate. Even the rolling stock was free of any kind of road debris, suggesting it was hand toweled immediately after being parked. Lastly, unlike most street-parked vehicles, this clean Vette had nary a rock chip or spec of dirt on it. A little OCD with vehicle care perhaps?
Even the interior was remarkably clean. The seats free of wear, the belts all in place, and even the steering wheel seemed amazingly clean, save for the missing center cap. The more cleanliness I see, the more I wonder if this Vette is driven on a daily basis, or brought out in nice weather only. Since this car hails from Cali, I'm betting the only "nasty" weather it's seen is rain.

No comments: