Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Lincoln Mark VI Signature Series








Continuing on my Lincoln streak (god I love old Lincoln almost as much as I do Cadillacs), I present this wonderful Mark VI. While the Mark VI is not as big as its predecessor, it certainly has the class of its predecessor. To the casual eye, this generation looks like a scaled down V, instead of a totally new car. Based on the 1979 Town Car redesign, this model is basically a "Town Coupe" instead of a personal luxury car. I find nothing wrong with that however; it's still a fine luxury automobile.
Introduced in 1979 as a 1980, this two-door Lincoln only survived for four years. Since this particular Signature Series coupe is blue with blue interior, it is a later car. 1980 SS cars were either silver or red with a red interior; 1981s followed with black and white being added to the color palette. That makes this gorgeous navy example an '82 or '83 car. Like its Town Car brother, this coupe was available with just the 5.0. However, unlike its sedan stablemate, the two-door never offered a tow package.
This example, like the Town Car I posted yesterday, is immaculate. The paint is an amazing shape, and it shines under the harshest of light. Not a ding, dent, or scratch anywhere. Even the flip-headlights still work! How's that for amazing condition for a 25 year old car. The wire wheels, too, are in outstanding shape. I think the only other Lincoln I've seen with these is that Bill Blass Edition VI I show a couple years ago. Since this car was parked outside of the same area the Town Car is, I wonder if they're owned by the same person. I always see this Mark VI or the Town Car in this spot. Never together, though. If they are owned by the same person.. kudos, sir. You have class! Congrats for keeping these staples of American luxury rolling. My hat's off to you.

No comments: