Thursday, September 30, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Caprice Estate Wagon









I absolutely adore huge station wagons of pretty much all shapes and sizes, but like most cars in Minnesota, the older ones are getting that much harder to find. This week, I was successful though. I brought you the Electra Estate a couple days ago; tonight I bring you its Chevy twin.
As with its Buick brother, this big Chevy is in pretty good shape. Like the Buick, this clean GM wagon exhibits no rust, and most certainly no patched areas. But, unlike the Buick I posted a couple days ago, this example hasn't lost its wood.
Overall, the exterior is in excellent shape; all the factory trim isstill intact, and even more amazing, none of the badges have been stolen/fallen off/whatever. What's even nicer than the all-stock body is that the factory wire hubcaps are still there. The only real flaw I could find in this near-pristine example was a dent that could maybe be buffed out. Other than that little niggle, this was a fine wagon-- and still is, mind you.
I didn't get a real good look inside, but what I did see of it looked downright amazing. No rips or tears on the upholstery, no fade on any of the "plastiwood" trim, and even the metal inside appears showroom clean. This thing is MINT, especially for a pre-1985 GM wagon. Here's hoping this woody will survive another 25 years of the elements.

No comments: