Sunday, May 9, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Austin Healey 3000







It seems this summer I've been on a roll with finding bloggable iron (or fiberglass should I DOTS a Corvette). I think focusing on quality over quantity has honestly helped me step my car-game up. Quite a lot actually.
This Austin Healey, while I'm just now blogging it, has been a daily sighting for a little over a year now. I know where it lives (well where it parks anyway), so I rode my bike down there and grabbed a few shots.
The paint on this thing is gorgeous; there's nothing else like two-toned, classy paint on an old British roadster. Nothing. I mean, sure, one can argue that there are "nicer" cars out there, but really that's subjective. While I like muscle cars, too, there's a certain a flair, a certain sportiness, that comes out with a foreign car. Maybe it's that sense of class versus the brute force you get in a muscle car. Who knows? Anyway, back on subject.
The green and off-white combination looked amazing. Not a scratch, ding or dent. That alone should tell you how much this car is loved; even the badges are in great shape and show no signs of aging or deterioration. While it is driven almost daily, the perfection of the paint and trim sure doesn't show it.
Same can be said for the immaculate wire wheels, and oh-so-awesome other chrome bits. Seeing this car in person is a whole nother level of awesome that photos cannot describe. Even though I likely cannot fit in it, I am stunned every time I see it drive by. It's simply amazing that cars like this were built.
Like a wise person once said, they sure don't make them like they used to. I'd MUCH rather have this little roadster than any convertible made today. That's not saying much per se, but point still stands. I love this little Healey.

No comments: