Monday, May 24, 2010

Automotive Poetry Part 1

As you know, I love cars, and obviously, since I have this blog, I love writing about cars, too. I enjoy all forms of writing; stories both fiction and non, short stories, and poetry. I do write poetry (and alot of it, too) and I thought it would be fun to showcase my work. I will try to post one a day as I write them, but currently I have a few on backstock. Here is my first one. I hope you like it.



TAKEN

As I lay here waiting, one wonders what will happen to the rest of us
trapped inside this barricade, finished off with steel girders and barbed wire
blocked off from view of the public, citizens and officials alike

I hear my sisters heartbeart; lively and spirited at first, like she was when young
but as the minutes of torture drag on, her heartbeat gets weaker.
First its a slight cough, then it turns into wheezing, then nothing.
I can't hear her anymore, and my brothers are all dead,
"It's a mercy killing I swear", I try to scream but I can't.
No one will listen, they'll think I'm crazy

They said something about population control, like we need to be regulated?
Please.. there's more important things to worry about,
maybe figuring out who the real terrorists are?
or howbout finally figuring out this world hunger?
But instead they kill us off, by the thousands no less

What did we ever do to hurt anyone?
All we did is helped other people get on with their daily life,
and maybe drank a bit too much, but that's no reason for mass-murder
At least not in my eyes. But I can't speak from the prospective of them.
They're cowardly, government officials who believe that
controlling population means more than dispersing us, it means murder.
And I can't change that.

I dread my days end, for I know it is near.
I did alot in those thirteen years, I went to Colorado, Florida, Maine, Alaska,
I saw the Mississippi, the Boundary waters, and even Niagra Falls,
Hell I even got lost and took my family on a great tour of muddy desolate North Dakota in rainstorms.
I've watched a generation of kids grow up, and the youngest should've taken me to college,
but the President said no. The President said "no, you can't take her, she's too old"
So my caregivers found a replacement, and left me to die like my fallen soldiers.
To the family I cared so much about; it hurts to see you don't cherish me like I did you
I guess some things were never meant to be. At least not in my lifetime.
If you gaze into my eyes, and rip out my innards when I'm dead
maybe you'll began to understand.
If you don't, that's okay. We all have to face death someday. I just died a painful one.
-Cash for Clunkers from the point of view of a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee TSi

No comments: