Monday, July 21, 2008

Visiting the News station--and more

So...

last week we went to KFAI news/radio station near Augsburg, and that experience was--hang on I'mma tell.. It was pretty cool. Having never really been inside a radio station before, it was pretty cool. Seeing all the studios and the vast array of their music library was amazing. Never before have I seen such a vast collection that's not somewhere like Cheapos. I commend them on that--very highly in fact.
The other bit of interesting news is that we met up with a-little-bit-younger girls in preparation for helping them on their own news stories of current issue they think are relevant. I liked alot of the issues, although for me, gang violence and public vs. private schools seems the most realistically interesting to me. Although I do think that Bratz dolls--or really any of these stupid new-gen toys for that matter--are creating a problem. They're designed and marketed to make the average kid feel inferior in body shape. It's been happening for years with clothing, but to stoop it as low as toys? Jesus Christ no wonder we have tons of anorexic little freaks who beg for the latest J14 and cry because they can't lose 2 lbs.

Anywhooo...
the class is moving along quite nicely. I'm on my second (or is it third) week, and I'm really liking this class. I have the potential to do quite well--and I know I can, too.

:-)

No comments: