Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Plymouth Fury III







It's rare to see any Mopar here, and usually when I do see one, it's a generic Charger, Cuda or whatnot, so seeing this non Hemi, non Roadrunner Plymouth Fury was pretty exciting. Okay, so I've seen this car around for the past 3 or 4 years I've lived here, but interestingly enough this is the first time I've been able to get decent shots of it. So, why did I shoot this you ask, if it's just an older semi-generic Plymouth? I really liked the Keystone wheels this car wears. The color, and the Keystones scream 'I was lost in 1977', and that's no bad thing. This car looks like what you'd see on the program CHiPs as a getaway car if the show was filmed in the Midwest instead of Cali. Secondly, not many cars of this vintage are seen around here (thanks, rust!), and usually when they are seen, it's at car shows.

Sure the Fury was a good selling vehicle in its day, but that doesn't mean they're common today (funny because that's the opposite with the modern-day equivalent, the Dodge Intrepid). Hell, it was a police vehicle too. The Fury lineup consisted of Fury, Fury II, Fury III, and Sport Fury. This car would've come complete with A/C power steering, power brakes, a push button transmission, and possibly a 440 engine and with or without sidewall tires. The trim lineup sound familiar? It should, it was Plymouth's reply to Chevy's famous lineup consisting of the Biscayne, Bel Air, Impala, and Impala SS respectively. I do know I have seen at least two other Furys around, but I haven't got around to shooting them yet.

2 comments:

coopey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coopey said...

The age of this Fury is enough reason to picture it, no matter how common it was before.