Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Cadillac Coupe de Ville






Aaaah, the late 1970s Cadillac Coupe de Ville. I cannot get enough of this bodystyle. It seems that nearly every single one I encounter is either rusty, or blinged, or in some cases, both. But, recently I have been coming across many fine rust-free examples in very good shape. I like this one not only because of the originality of it, but the color combo is downright fantastic. Red and white certainly screams 1970s pimp or older person. And that's fine. I much prefer this bodystyle to the newer 1980s and 1990s bodystyle mainly for the front end, and the little details strewn about. Cadillac got this car down pat. No unnecessary chubbiness, no random lines, and best of all, it looks slimmer than its successor. The front end on the newer ones has always bugged me; it looks too big frankly.

This clean example, spotted pretty close to my house is the first of many clean examples to be posted throughout my time.

1 comment:

coopey said...

Fantastic oil embargo-fighter land-yacht!