Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Lotus Elan






The Lotus Elan is a rare breed indeed. I haven't seen one of these in I don't know how many years. Taken out of the US Market due to slow sales, and a high price of entry, the Lotus Elan would make a great car for someone who's looking at entering the British Sports Car market at a cheap price of entry. Because not many were sold here, finding one will be tough. I have seen at least 3 for under $11k, though, so there is hope. On this particular car, however, I don't care for the cheap ricer-looking wheels better suited to Jose and his green Civic, nor do I care for the cheap-looking (and pretty ugly) taillight covers. Cmon now, this is a Lotus, not some dime-a-dozen 1995 Camaro V6. Too bad this example has been molested. It's still an awesome car, but it could've been so much better.

No comments: