Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lawrence Street Sighting: Ford F-100 Custom Cab

First off, I am gradually beginning to try out a new shooting style, and focus on artsy pictures of cars rather than just the simple shots of whole cars and then the little details; I hope readers enjoy it. I love pickups, and my favorite marque for classic pickups hands down would have to be Ford; ever since I was a child, I quickly developed a fondness for the venerable F-Series trucks, and over time my favorite generation of Ford's most continuous nameplate has varied. First, it was the 1992-1996 trucks, then it was the 1980-1986 trucks, and now I would have to say that my favorite trucks are the 1961-1966 body-style.

With this body-style, Ford tried the unibody idea, making the cab and bed integrated into one unit. Only problem was, while it looked better, the idea ruined the notion that if the bed were to rust prematurely, a replacement could be had. Since these trucks were still frequently bought as workhorses rather than fashion statements, the unibody version didn't sell, and was dropped altogether after the 1963 model year. Based on the grillework and the small-disc hubcaps, I would render this stunning example as a 1964 example--and what an example it is.
I absolutely adore this thing; for the past year or so, I've been getting more and more into this generation Ford F-100, and I am starting to really like the pastel colors these older vehicles came in. The mint green and white combination is incredible here--it looks modern enough to be at home at one of those godawful retro Thunderbirds---and it also looks amazing here.

I love how its been carried over into the interior as well. That dash is nothing short of amazing. I love the attention to detail on it, and the idea of a two-tone minimalist dash is incredibly striking.  I don't really like the add-in centre console, but hey, it isn't mine, so I won't ridicule the truck for having a probably-needed accesory. I wouldn't add it in, but kudos to the owner for using this ole' girl as transportation.

I absolutely love this truck, and I think (like the Lincoln) that this is probably the best of the breed I've shot to date. I would love to find this again with less cars around and do a complete walk around.

No comments: