Saturday, September 18, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Nova












Okay, I've shot a similar car, but this example is so much better. Not only is this '75+ Nova in extremely better condition, the owner seems to love it rather than let it sit on the roadside collecting dust and grime. The paint is damn near perfect, and judging by the dealer sticker on the back, it might be original. Likewise, the trim, too. However, the Torq Thrusts are not. Doesn't mean they don't look good, however. This rolling stock is ten times better than the factory hubcaps and/or steel wheels this car came with over thirty years ago.
Since I obviously can't just guess what engine powers this, I'd like to think a 350 does. For all I know, it could be something as lame as a straight six, or even a dreaded 307. Who knows. I'd like to see it with something built and turboed. Maybe I'm a damned boost junkie, but this thing would be killer with a boosted 355+ cube motor. Maybe an LSA/LS9 backed up with a six-speed-stick? Hmmm.. I could have fun with that!

No comments: