Friday, September 10, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Chevy Impala convertible









First off, older cars are getting rarer by the day here. With the combination of donk ryders, harsh winters, and crap drivers, its miracle anything survives longer than 10 years, to be honest. This summer was sort of rough for car spotting, as I focused more on quality than quantity. While this particular Impala was far from original, it was still a treat to the eyes.
The blue and white theme is perfect. It's the classic blend of performance mixed with luxury. On this car, the finish isn't show quality (there were swirls and orange peel present, which suggest a quick respray), but it makes for a far-from-cliche driver. Same opinion is had of the Cragars; they look great as always, but, c'mon, can we do something more original? Okay, they're better than 24s by a longshot, but if this rag was mine, I'd toss on some Intros or something a little less cliche.
As it sits, though, I wouldn't say no. I rather like this bodystyle, and its not one you see alot. While the '63s and '64s are nice, too, I don't like them as much. I'd much rather have one of this generation. And I'd leave it in this condition save for Intros. Wait, no, I'd have sound in this beast, too. Then it'd be my style of car.

No comments: