Thursday, September 16, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Lincoln Town Car







Continuing on the clean mundane cars theme, I present this gold and brown Lincoln Town Car. I much prefer this generation of Town Car compared to the newer ones, and even the 1970s ones most people same to love. I have no idea why, but this generation fits the bill for me; it's not overly long, nor is it short by any means. Unlike the older ones, this version looks good with all of the factory wheels. Yes, I even like these plain hubcaps. Sue me.
Like the Buick Regal I posted yesterday, this car, too, hails from 1980. And, like the yesterday's post, this one, too, is in outstanding condition for a Minnesota car. The paint is damn near perfect with no noticeable flaws either far away or up close.
The bodywork is awesome; the factory two-tone paint is 100% original, as evidenced by the dealer plaque on the trunk. As mentioned above, I scoured the vehicle for flaws, but could find nary a one. The owner keeps this car in impeccable shape. I see it driving around from time-to-time, but never once have I seen this example dirty. It always looks showroom fresh. Since the owner is an older guy, I would imagine he is likely the first, and only owner.
Inside, the interior, too, looks showroom fresh. No rips, or tears on the upholstery, but unlike yesterday's Regal, this Lincoln features something I've never seen on a non-show car; original dealer paper coverings over the floormats. How's that for a well-kept vehicle? I don't think this specimen even has a hair of dirt anywhere on it. Even inside. Damn.
If the current owner keeps preserving his car, there's no doubt this thing will last forever. Since he is likely approaching nursing-home age, I can only hope whoever his caretaker is takes car of his car as well. I would hate to this clean Townie go the way of the bling route. I hope for the cars' sake at least, that when the owner passes on, his beautifully maintained Lincoln stays in the family. At very least, I hope it goes to someone who can appreciate it for what it is.

No comments: