Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Triumph TR-6






I love British roadsters: I can't stress it enough. Over time, the Triumph TR-6 has slowly become my favorite car of the moment, right under the '58 Chevy lineup (especially Impalas and wagons), and '61 and '62 T-birds and same year Continentals. I guess I have a variety of favorites. Anyway, I've begun shooting TR-6 in mass now, and I have maybe 10 or so colors backlogged.
This example was far from a show car though. Rash, scrapes, and the occasional ding do mark up this TR-6. The paint on this one has definitely seen better days, although most of the imperfections seem to center on the front of the vehicle. While some TRs suffer from saggy doors, this one did not. All the trim was there, too, just a bit "daily driver"fied. The wheels, too, had some wear on them. It's what's call a 3 footer. From across the street it looks great. Up close, though, the car tells a different story. No doubt it's still fun to drive, however.

No comments: