Monday, September 20, 2010

Minneapolis Street Sighting: Mini Minor










I've featured classic Minis before, but this one is a new one on me. Most of the examples I've shot are modified tastefully; this one, well, there are some questions. The paint and fit and finish are nicely done, overall, but what I don't get is the Super Bee theme. In honesty, the yellow and black theme is quite nice, though I'm not a fan of the painted over chrome much. On this car, it kind of works. I would ditch the Super Bee logo-- for a few reasons. First of all, the "Bee" idea doesn't really work in general, second of all.. this is a Mini not a Mopar, and third.. the graphic itself looks rather cheesy, even on the Mopars it came on.
The wheels are pretty cool, though. Being a small car, it doesn't need overly large wheels, and these 10-inchers suit the car just fine, though they're slightly smaller than what I'm used to seeing. Perhaps this setup is good for racing? ( I doubt it.) The wheel design is nice, too; it's different from the typical Minilite-style wheel without being too cluttered. Perfect for this car, I say.
Inside, things were pretty good, too. No unneccesary crap (well, it's a Minimalist car lol) to degrade the driving experience. Even though the exterior is a yellow and black theme, the interior seems a bit..ricey? I know, I know. Details, details, but even though I like the combo, not everyone will. I will say that the yellow piped seats are a bit off-putting, but they somehow don't clash with this car. At least it isn't a Neon *cough*
If this specimen were mine, I'd ditch the Bee idea, restitch the interior to all black, and maybe take away some of the black on the exterior and put the proper chrome back on. Then it would be near perfect in my book. As it is, it's a nice classic Mini that borders on rice. That said, I'd still drive it, and run circles around your Prius in real-world gas mileage and fun-factor.

No comments: