Thursday, August 26, 2010

Minnepaolis Street Sighting: Chevy Corvette Stingray








This Corvette Stingray is a special post for me; no, not because it represents x number of posts, nor is it in uber-fantastic condition, but still drivable. It's my first Corvette shoot-ever. Kind of odd, really, considering the number of 'vettes modern and otherwise I see driving around.
Like most of my shootings, this classic Stingray was seemingly abandoned until the day after I shot it. Since these photos were taken, I haven't seen it a single time. Maybe it got restored, maybe it didn't. All I know is that it isn't collecting dust under a tree anymore.
With this Stingray, I can't really assess paint condition, since most of it was buried under a thick layer of dust, grime and tree sap. Beneath all of mother nature's wrongdoings, the paint color looks like it would be extremely gorgeous when cleaned up. I will say that the chrome appears to be in decent shape though. That alone makes me wonder how long it had been sitting before I first noticed it in March. I didn't get a great look at the interior, and since a few people were approaching me, I didn't step in for a closer look. I should have, though; I'm wondering whether this car is a 4 spd or auto; either way it's extremely fast with the 454, even with "only" 425 horses, which is likely an underestimation.
As a car nut, I hope I see this thing returned to its former glory, and for all I know, it might just need a good afternoon with a claybar and extensive amounts of automotive cleaners. Who knows, perhaps the owner is getting ready to so over the winter. One can only hope, right?

No comments: