Monday, May 11, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Triumph TR-6














On any given nice evening, Minneapolis is home to hundreds of nice, classic and obscure cars, and this little Brit is no exception. Finished in a gorgeous blue hue, and nary a hint of rust, it stood out amongst all the mundane SUVs and "luxury" cars. As I got closer, I knew this gem would be an excellent feature story. Out came my camera, and away I shot. My goodness. This thing is cute, but really, though it represents the epitome of British motoring. No, it's not quite a Lotus Elite, and nor is it a hardcore no frills as a modern-day TVR Tamora or Tuscan; instead it's a good, honest little roadster that would be as happy cruising topless down a winding two-lane highway switching through the four speed manual accompanied by a rather huge grin on the driver's face as it would sitting in front of a neighborhood cafe. As I stated before, the details make the car, and boy does this thing have the right touches to stand out. From the Union Jack on the rear quarter panels, to the correct wood finish on the steering wheel, this little guy is PERFECT! Alright, so it's not the best color-- I would prefer to see one in the classic British Racing Green over tan- or maybe that would be too cliche. Maybe so, but it would suit the car better. Oh, and it needs some 15"x7" Minilites and a SCCA rollbar. Or maybe... god I have too many fantasies sometimes.

No comments: