Sunday, May 31, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Pontiac Catalina 455








With the death of Pontiac on the horizon, I'm constantly on the lookout for old and/or classic Pontiacs. This Catalina is a prime example of what I mean when I say classic Pontiac; it's got the huge hood (under which a 455 sits) and an even huger wheelbase. This car screams "cruiseboat" and most certainly it's capable of such acts. With its huge-cube engine, and a very un-speed-worthy 3 spd automatic on the column, cruising the boulevard is this Detroit boat's forte.
The exterior and interior combo is PERFECT! The only thing I can ask for now is the paint to be polished and the interior to be free of dust and dirt. The chromed steelies are a neat touch too, though I'm not sure if I prefer them or Pontiac Rallyes. I do know that I want one of these for my personal collection right next to my Bermuda Blue GTO and red Fiero GT.

No comments: