Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lawrence Street Sightings: Porsche 912









Yes, I am aware this is technically in a parking lot, but I don't care. It's a nice example of a 912. The paint is in excellent condition for its age, and although I didn't grab a good shot of the interior, it's in pretty good shape too. The leather wasn't worn, and the dials and switchgear were intact, but it had modern audio. Something I wouldn't do for the sake of ruining a nice classic sports car. The exterior is pretty nice, too. The tan over brown combo works well, and it seems period correct. Another aspect of this 912 I fell in love with is the correct hubcaps instead of the ever-so-common Fuch Porsche wheels. While not as pretty as a 930 or a 964, it's definitely better than, say, a 914. 912s are fairly cheap, too. unlike their 911 cousins, a good 912 should run you about $7500 versus $11,500 or so for a 911.

No comments: