Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Mercedes 380SL
















Not many cars having me doing double takes, but this gorgeous Benz roadster had me do a double take; seeing a roadster in this condition is a rare sight here. The paint on this example was downright flawless, and the chrome was MINT. The brown leather was in incredible shape as well. What sets this car off for me is the color combo; blue and tan simply works; it's one of those combos that could be right at home on a 1980s Mercedes (as this one is) or a Porsche 911. It screams "hey, I'm from 1980s", but at the same time, it's a combination that is still ever popular with luxury car buyers today. There's something RIGHT about it.
The interior was awesome as well; the wood was intact and not faded, the upholstery seems nice and unfaded and free from scuffing or wear, and the switches in controls were in IMMACULATE shape.
The wheels on this example were nice, too. I'm glad they weren't modern AMGs, nor were they the typical 1980s flat-faced W124/W201 wheels seen so often. But, they do bother me though; who the heck chromes these wheels? Honestly. Chrome is good, but in this case it ruins the car's character.
Still, though, it's a beautiful Mercedes, and one that I will shoot every time a decent version pops up.

No comments: