Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Minneapolis Street Sightings: Plymouth Valiant















Old Mopars like this "plain Jane" 4 door Valiant are hard to find in these parts, much less in good condition. What drew me to this particular example was the bright red paint-- I spotted it from a distance. As I got closer, I realized what a nice little car this was. The exterior had no visible rust spots or even bubbles, so that was a good sign of a well kept car. The interior was in equally astounding shape. The steering whee, the interior trim, everything was in place; something not usually seen on a car of this vintage.

What I found most peculiar about this car is the V8 badge. Not only is the badge itself in great shape (for the car's age and otherwise), V8 versions of these care are somwhat rare. I didn't check to see how many miles this car has done, but I would be surprised to see high miles on this rust free example. So far this year, the Valiant has been one of my favorite finds, partially because a "bottom rung" car comes around this clean once in a blue moon. Also, its' at the top of the list because its a car I've NEVER seen (and never hope to see) on big rimz with a gaudy paint color.

No comments: